Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is a very popular device under Rs 15,000 that offers a close to the stock Android interface, A powerful Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 Processor and last but not least a massive 5000 mah battery. To make the deal more exciting Asus allows to unlock bootloader officially but in this method, we will be using only unofficial because with the official method you cannot relock your bootloader that means, NO WARRANTY!
Unlocking the bootloader will erase all your data from your Zenfone so take a backup before inclining towards the process.
*DS TechTips is not responsible for any damage to your device by doing the process to unlock the bootloader, if you are a complete newbie then I would suggest to stay away from the article and take the help of an experienced guy*
Steps To Unlock Bootloader Of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Download Unlock File and extract using any software like Winrar or 7zip.
- There will be two folders: one for drivers and other is for unlocking, so install the drivers first and then open the unlock folder.
- Power off the device then Reboot your Zenfone into fastboot mode by pressing Vol.Up+Power buttons simultaneously.
- Connect it to PC and open unlock.cmd, and it will do the whole process itself.
- All done, now your device has an unlocked bootloader.
Steps To Install Recovery Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Open unlock folder and paste the recovery file (TWRP) or Redwolf Recovery in it.
*I am using Redwolf Recovery*
- Open CMD by typing CMD in the address bar of the folder as shown in the image below.
- Now, in CMD type the command: Fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img
- Press Vol.Down + Power button simultaneously to boot into recovery.
After getting into Twrp if it asks for any password then simply go back and swipe to allow modifications.
Steps To Root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Go to Wipe>Factory Reset or Format Data>
- if you cannot see your device in your PC then disable MTP from mount option and re-enable it.
- Connect your Device to PC.
- Now you are ready to transfer the files from PC to your device.
- Download Magisk and copy the file to your device.
- Now flash the magisk by the recovery you installed earlier into your zenfone device.
If your device stuck at boot logo or the data is encrypted then flash decrypt file using recovery.
So that’s it for the article, I hope you have now unlocked the bootloader of your device, installed the twrp and of course rooted your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.