Unlocking a Xiaomi device bootloader has now become a tedious task.This all started with redmi note 3 where they locked the bootloader leaving no mercy on geek users who want to install custom ROMs or try new custom kernels.
Hey! Don’t worry, If you are struggling to unlock your device bootloader, this tutorial is just for you.
- Xiaomi Device With miui 7/8, I have Redmi 4 2 GB variant.
- A Pc with all proper drivers installed
- Original Xiaomi Cable….I mean it……🙂
- Download the Mi Flash Tool, it will also install all required drivers.
Get Unlocking Permission
- Go to permission link and apply.
- You will get a confirmation message once your application is accepted.
Change Some Settings On Your Device
- I assume that you have a fresh device if not then I would suggest you to once reset your device.This will eliminate some additional steps.
- Create mi account with the same id on which you got the unlocking permission.
- Go to settings, about phone, Tap On miui version several times and this will enable developer options.
- Then settings, additional settings, developer options.
- Turn on USB-Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Download miflash_unlock-en-2.2.624.14_2 and extract it.
- Open Mi Flash Unlock.exe with administrator rights.
- Log in with Same Mi account.
- Reboot your device to the fast-boot mode, to do that simply power off the device then hold power off button and volume down buttons simultaneously until you see a mi bunny logo.
- Connect your phone to your PC/Laptop.
- Click on Unlock Button and VOILA!
- You have successfully unlocked your xiaomi device.
If You Get Some Error Like Stuck At 50 % or 99 % Follow Below Steps
- Go to Mi account and turn on find device ( On Xiaomi device ).
- Go to https://i.mi.com and sign in using same mi account.
- You will see all connected devices.
- make sure your device is online, if not then click on find device.
- now, wait for 1 day at least before hitting the unlock button again.
Wait 8-10 days after getting permission and even if you get 86012 error do not worry, still wait for some days and you will be able to unlock your bootloader easily.
Any problem? Comment down below, I will reply ASAP!
Share This amazing article with your friends 😄